Volvo Penta Genuine Parts are optimized from every aspect, both from a technical as well as a performance point of view. Each genuine part comes with the engineering know-how and testing to achieve maximum performance and durability. Each part constitutes a unit within a system of parts which interact with one another to create a complete package. It is absolutely vital that the right part goes into each engine and that the fit is exact. Parts cannot be replaced by non-genuine parts without jeopardizing safety, performance, and potential breakdown. Volvo Penta not only guarantees the actual genuine part itself, but also its fit and function. Always insist on Volvo Penta genuine parts.
Volvo Penta of the Americas, Inc. warrants that new or factory exchange parts and accessories will be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of one year.
The warranty commences on the date the part or accessory was first sold by and authorized Volvo Penta Dealer or Distributor, or if installed in a new vessel or equipment by an Orignal Equipment Manufacturer, the date of first retail purchase or from the date put in to service as a dealer or distributor demonstrator. During the warranty period, the warranty is fully transferrable to subsequent owners. Suitable proof of ownership such as a retail receipt or work order is required to obtain warranty coverage.
Any part or accessory that is covered by this warrranty and that is found in the reasonable judgment of Volo Penta to be defective in materials or workmanship will be repaired or replaced at Volvo Penta's option. If a problem occurs, the owner must bring the part or accessory to an authorized Volvo Penta Dealer or Distributor in a timely manner. All repairs (except for those under What is not covered by the Warranty) will be made by an authorized Volvo Penta Dealer or Distributor at no charge during the warranty period. Repars will be made within a reasonable period of time during the dealer or distributor's normal business hours. Parts replacement will be made using genuine new or remanufactured Volvo Penta parts. Volvo Penta's responsibility in respect to warranty claims is limited to making the required repairs or replacements. All parts will be shipped via standard ground methods. Labor to remove and replace the part or accessory will only be covered if the part or accessory was originally installed by and Authorized Volvo Penta Dealer, Distributor, or Original Equipment Manufacturer.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY
- This warranty does not cover any Volvo Penta parts that were sold as part of an engine or power systems package.
- This warranty does not cover any Volvo Penta product that has been subject to misuse, neglect, accident, or that has been improperly installed, operated, or maintained. This warranty does not apply to any damage that is the result of rust or corrosion.
- This warranty does not cover any Volvo Penta product that has been used for racing or in the operation of racing; has been altered or modified so as to adversely affect its operation, performance or durability; or that has been altered or modified to change its intended use.
- This warranty does not cover costs to modify fuel systems or gear ratios needed to meet local altitude requirements.
- This warranty does not extend to repairs made necessary by normal wear and tear, or by the use of parts, accessories, lubricants, or fuels which, in the reasonable judgement of Volvo Penta, are either incompatible with the Volvo Penta product or adversely affect its operation, performance, or durability.
- This warranty does not cover travel to or from the product or transportation of the product to and from the servicing dealer or distributor; charges for towing, haul-out, launch, storage, fuel or lubricant usage; rental costs of any type; and excessive time necessary to gain service access.
- This warranty does not cover other incidental or consequential expenses uncluding loss of use of the engine, drive train or boat, loss of income, or inconvenience.
- This warranty does not cover labor charges for the removal or installation of the failed part or accessory unless the part or accessory was originally installed by an authorized Volvo Penta Dealer, Distributor or Original Equipment Manufacturer.
- Covered parts that are damaged from non-covered parts are not covered by this warranty.
- This warranty does not cover pre-delivery inspection labor and any parts expense.
- This warranty does not cover first service inspection labor and any parts expense.
The operation, maintenance and care of the Volvo Penta part or accessory must follow the same guidelines established for the engine and power package as outlined in the owner's manual and are the owner's responsiblity. The owner must keep records of all maintenance performed. This record of proper maintenance may be required to determine warranty coverage on certain repairs and should be transferred to each subsequent owner. If you are not sure of the proper maintenance procedures, contact the Volvo Penta Service Department.
This warranty is only valid within the United States, Canada, Mexico, and other selected areas including Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Virgin Islands, St Martin, Saba, St. Eustatius, St. Kitts, Nevis, Barbuda, Antigua, Monserrat, Grand Cayman, Saipan, and Guam. The warranty (if any) for parts and accessories outside these areas is described in the AB Volvo Penta International Warranty Statement. Copies of the International Warranty Statement are also available from Volvo Penta.